Wednesday 20 December 2017

Wealth

“O Grandsire Bhishma! there are several persons in this world. But with whom Goddess Lakshmi lives?” asked Dharmaja.

“O Dharmaja! Once Rukmini asked Lakshmi (Goddess of Wealth)the same question. Lakshmi answered that question. The same answer clears your doubt.

“Lakshmi lives in the abodes the following persons: Those who are truthful; who observe cleanliness; who have devotion towards their teachers; who are vigilant and careful always; who perform their duties with highest concentration and devotion; who are pure in mind; who perform virtus deeds always; who are wise and learned; who perform tapas; who gives away to others what they have; who observe Brahmacharya; who control their sense organs. These are all eligible for my blessings. I like to stay always with them.

I never stay with those who are cruel, non-believers of God and Vedas, who are ungrateful, and who are wicked and wretch.

With regard to ladies, I stay with those who keep their house, household utensils clean and neat and those who do not consume food eaten by others.

I never stay with the ladies who oppose their husbands alwlays; who accuse others always; who are inclined to join males other than husband and those who are drowsy always.

Besides the above, I always stay in Lotus flowers, flower gardens, fruit bearing trees and flower bearing plants.” said Lakshmi to Rukini.

O Dharmaja! the same answer is an answer to your question also.” said Bhishma.

http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Monthly/Mahabharat/content1301.htm


“O Grandsire! when Pususha who is staying in this body, will become great and when he will have his down-fall. Kindly tell me.” asked Dharmaja.

“O Dharmaja! Now I will narrate the conversation between Sree(Lakshmi) and Chakra(Indra).

One day, Saint Narada was taking holy bath in the river Mandakini. By that time, Indra took his bath and was performing morning rituals. While Narada and Indra were talking with each other, there arrived a lady, endued with splendid beauty. Indra with folded hands, greeted her and asked her:

“Who are you? Where are you going?” asked Indra.

“O Indra! I am Lakshmi. I am also called Sree. I was born from lotus flower. Formerly, I dwelt with Asuras. However, Asuras have assumed adverse natures. Hence I left them and wish to reside with you.” said Lakshmi.

“Lakshmi! In consequence of what behaviour of Asuras, you dwelt with them so far? What did you not see there for which you have come here, having deserted Asuras.” asked Indra.
O Indra! so far, Asuras were engaged in making charities, studying Vedas, respecting guests and other good deeds. Now Asuras developed pride and egoism and they have abandoned all their good qualities. Hence I deserted Asuras. I have come to you.

I would like to stay with those who respect and worship elders and their preceptors, who worship Deities and Pitaras, who always speak truth, who engage in making charities, who do not aspire for others’ wealth and wives, who worship Brahmins, who do not sleep during day times, who are compassionate towards aged, distressed and ladies, who observe cleanliness at all times, and who take food only after offering to guests. I would always like to stay with them always.

I never like to stay with those who abandon Dharma, who are addicted to Kama, Krodha, who are overpowered with pride, who neglect to worship guests, who are not generous and charitble, who are harsh in speech, and who are indulged in cruel activities.

As enunciated in Vedas, I like wisdom, morals, devotion, reverence, tolerance, peace and good behaviour. These seven qualities are dearer to me. I am the eighth of them. Having observed their cruel behaviour, I abandoned Asuras. Having known that you are endowed with the above good qualities, I have come to you.” said Lakshmi.

Along with Lakshmi, Indra left for Swarga. Therefore, Dharmaja, you have come to know the places where Lakshmi stys.” said Bhishma.

http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Monthly/Mahabharat/content1205.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive