Tuesday 10 December 2013

Fox and Monkey

O Grandsire Bhishma! I am entertaining another doubt. If anybody evades to pay or give anything, which he promised to pay or give, to a Brahmin, what would be his fate?” asked Dharmaja.

“O Dharmaja! In this connection, I narrate a story in reply to your question. In a forest, there lived a fox and monkey. They are friends. One day monkey told fox:

“O friend! I do not know which sin you have committed in your past birth, you are consuming dead bodies in this birth?” said monkey.

Miraculously, fox got its rememberances of its previous birth. “O friend! in my previous birth, I promised a brahmin to give some money. But I evaded to pay. Hence I have taken this birth and consuming dead bodies.” said fox.

Therefore, O Dharmaja! that was the effect of evasion.” said Bhishma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive