Friday 13 December 2013

kinds of ladies

“O grandsire! you told me about several things. But you never told me about ladies and their behaviour.” asked Dharmaja.

“O Dharmaja! in this connection, I tell you about conversation between Kaikeyee and Sandilya. Kekaya Princess once asked Sandili: “O Sandili! how could you come and live in Deva Loka?”

Sandili replied thus: “O Kekaya Princess! I served my father in law and mother in law without disregarding their advices. I performed divine worship, Pitara ceremonies, and worshipping guests regularly. I never stood at the main entrance. I never laughed loudly. I offered food to students and learned. On arrival of my husband, I served him with great care. I brought up my children as good and intelligent.

I like what my husband likes. I never abuse anybody inspite of their rude behaviour towards me. Whenever my husband is out of station, I never wear flowers, good clothes and never eat tasty food. I never waste food. I regarded all my relatives equally. I looked after the cows in my house. I never tease my husband with household affairs. I take care about Agnihotra daily. I never reveal my family secrets to neighbours. While I was pregnant, I took nourishing food instead of tasty food. Hence I attained divine loka.” said Sandili.

I hope your doubts are cleared.” said Bhishma.

Hence, Dharmaja! there are several kinds of ladies. There may be good and bad. There are several virtuous ladies who worship their husbands more than God. Due to their existence only, this earth is rotating in a disciplined way. There is no doubt that husband gets name and fame due to the virtuousness of his wife.” said Bhishma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive